Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.

Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

2003 Ford Taurus cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Taurus:

2003 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 192011

Taurus SES 3.0L

There is always something with this piece of crap car. Let's just put in a crappy cooling system so I am stuck with a mess and a big repair bill? First the transmission, then windows that I can't get up, and now a leaking cooling system. I've owned this car for 6 months and less than 100,000 miles. Ford would you like to take everything I have worked for in my lifetime? Because you sure haven't worked very hard in putting together a car that I can be proud to own..........or wait I don't even own the thing because I can't afford the payments because I am stuck with the repair bills! Sounds pretty backwards to me!

- , Greenville, WI, USA