- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 2 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 2 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 5 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 11 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 34 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 95,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replaced starter (1 reports)