- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 18 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 29 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 50 days ago
Check Engine Light Is On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 46,380 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- replace vacuum line & manifold gaskets (1 reports)