- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 2 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 20 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 23 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 50 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 59 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission Control: Crankcase (Pcv) Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
2.5hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 61,300 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
exhaust system problem