- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 19 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 24 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 30 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 49 days ago
2003 Ford Taurus
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
Worst 2003 Taurus seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Air Bags21
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal18
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Driver Side Inflator Module2
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module2
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Side/Window1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Retractor1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.