- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 1 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 4 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 4 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 7 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 13 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags: Frontal: Driver Side Inflator Module Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 43,425 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
seat belts / air bags problem