CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.

Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

2003 Ford Taurus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Taurus:

2003 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

May 072014

Taurus SE

The front ball joints need to be replace along with the Struts! After purchasing this car a LOT of people said they have front end problems! When is this going to get addressed? My steering wheel is SSSOOOOO crooked it hurts my hands when I have to drive a long distance. I can't get a wheel alignment because it would do no good needing struts and ball joints. I have already replace the control arm and that was $350!

Pick it up Ford we need our vehicles in better shape

This is the first and the last Ford I buy!

- , Walled Lake, MI, USA