- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 6 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 15 days ago
- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 28 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 34 days ago
Power Window Stopped Working
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 69,533 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- changed the main key switch (1 reports)
- drilled out aluminum rivits and replaced with 1/4 in bolts (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem