2004 Ford Taurus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 052015

Taurus Limited V6

I have had every problem many others have had with this car. The transmission torque converter went out the ac went out the radiator was replaced and now the heat. It blows cold air had it in the shop three times and three different things replaced. No luck yet. I would like to hear from someone who had theirs fixed and it worked. Had the damper door thing replaced and two other things but it is not even warm enough to feel the least bit comfortable. Actually it is rather cold. I have spent over 500.00 so far.

- , Aiken, SC, USA

Feb 152011

Taurus ES V6

I am wondering why there is not a recall on these cars for their heaters. I know several people with these cars ranging from 2000-2004 model years. Does any one else have this issue and if so what what was wrong and what was the cost?

- , Mechanicsburg, OH, USA

Nov 282012

Taurus 3.2L V6

It's November!! I have a toddler, and now I have to pay to get my heater fixed so we don't freeze. Blows fine, only cold air no matter how long you run the car. Guessing its the heater core. I get the car serviced regularly since I bought it used and have had past problems with it, so doubt its the coolant. Plan on trading the POS in ASAP!!

- , Aurora, OR, USA

Jul 012009

The heater blows cold air. There isn't a difference between the air conditioner on or the heater on.

- , Ansonia, CT, USA