8.4

2004 Ford Taurus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Nov 012005

Taurus V6

when i bought the car in 2005, nobody told me about it leaking onto the floor everytime it rained i didn't even have the car a few months my warranty just expired when it rained for like two weeks and i had a huge puddle on the passenger floor. i then realized they already knew about the problem they cut and pulled back the carpet under the dash. its been 6 years and i still haven't figured out how to fix it. its a pain in the ass every time it rains!

- , Derry, NH, USA

Apr 012005

Taurus 3.0L

It's always leaked onto floor on passenger side whenever it rains

- , S Milwaukee, WI, USA

Sep 122010

Taurus SES 3.0L

When it rains water comes onto the the passenger side floorboard. It comes down the firewall and out under below the glove box. When I turn on the blower motor the drops become Quicker. There is a Service Bulletin for 2004 taurus's built before 12-15-03 (031506). Mine was built Feb. 04. The S.B. is about water in the blower motor and pass. floorboard. I'm going to a Ford dealership Sept18,2010. The Plot thickens!!!!

- , Ellabell, GA, USA

Dec 112007

Taurus

This happened to me as well. I looked under the car and noticed pre-cut holes in the bottom of the car, thought maybe I had knocked out a stopper that was in there to prevent this, so I put some duct tape over the holes. That didn't stop anything.

Luckily for me, it was a company car and I turned it in 2 weeks later for a 2008 Taurus. Much better car (so far)!!!!!

- , Liberty Township, OH, USA

Oct 252007

Taurus SES 3.0L V6

There is a puddle in my car every time it rains. The front passenger side floor board fills with water.(2" last time) I can tell it is running down the firewall. I put calk around the interior air filter housing that is located under the windshield/wiper arm molding. We'll see if it works.

- , Louisville, KY, USA