2004 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Apr 112012

NOW, my brake booster is out. So, I just recently got new brakes, tune up, oil change, the whole sha-bang. I am driving my car up a hill on the freeway at 75 mph when I lost power. By the time I managed to pull over, I was going 25mph! Turned car off and back on and took off and seemed fine. Now, and this has happened several times; I will be sitting there in my car with foot on brake. Release the brake and before I touch the gas, my car just TAKES OFF. Seriously! Then I hit my brake and nothing. Barely get that thing to stop. I pull over, put it in park and THEN, while in park, my RPM's rev up to almost 3RPM. Turn car off and on a couple of times, problem stops (temporarily). I called my mechanic and he says, get it off the rode and bring it in asap. Unsafe to drive. Brake booster is out. GREAT! No clue how much this will cost me but taking it in today.

- , Newport Beach, CA, USA