2004 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 012004

When it has snow or slush on roadway, I loose my braking ability and have gone through an intersection because I was unaware of this fault. I also asked the Ford dealership where I purchased this vehicle about this and they didn't have an answer. I also asked my local Ford dealership and they also didn't have an answer. Neither researched this as to my knowledge. This could have disastrous results if traffic was heavy. This is primarily in the winter when snow/slush is on roadways and temperature would be around freezing. It happens with low mileage 10-12 miles at the most.

- 46072, IN, USA