6.0

2004 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 062014

Taurus SES 3.0L

While accelerating on a highway frontage road the car continued to pick up speed after I had taken my foot off of gas pedal. Lucky for me that although this was a major highway the traffic was unusually light. I managed to get 5 miles home riding the brake and using neutral. I had three passengers in the car. When placed into park the car was revving at about 4000 rpm. A neighbor who heard this thought it sounded like a stuck throttle. He got it corrected and I had no more problem.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA