2004 Ford Taurus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 052016

This car goes all by its self at a stop. It can even go up a hill without pushing the gas. It also picks up speed while driving. This happens a lot.

- , Zanesville, OH, USA

Jul 112014

Taurus SES 3.0L

This is the second time this problem has occurred. While driving 35 mph the car started to accelerated by itself. I got home again using the brake and neutral. The brakes really took a beating. I had to dodge several cars in a residential neighborhood due to high speed. When I got home I tried to find the reason for this problem only to find out that Ford had a recall for this problem. They supposedly sent letters to owners for this problem. I never got one. This problem is for Taurus models 2001 to 2006. Supposedly there have been no injuries related to this problem. I don't know how this is possible. I don't if the recall is still in effect. I know my car needs fixing. Who is going to take care of that.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA