2004 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 142008

Taurus

well three months after the torque converter got changed the check transmission light comes on when we are traveling on the highway usually after about 20 minutes or so. Its been doing it for a while but I really dont want to put any more money in the transmission so I wanted to wait till the torque converter goes out again. Well the last trip we took the transmission overheat light came on and it started to smoke. I let it sit on the side of the road for about 15min and then it was fine all the way back home (about 2hrs) besides the normal (for us) check transmission light. I wish I could afford another car that way I could take this piece of junk to the scrap yard.

- , Orangeburg, SC, USA