8.4

2. clean butterfly valve (1 reports)
  3. replace cruise control cable (1 reports)
2005 Ford Taurus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Taurus:

2005 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 012012

Taurus

click to see larger images

accelerator gets stuck

This is what the PLASTIC part looks like when it will no longer hold onto the peg. Opened the cover and the cruise control cable was disconnected from the throttle. Looks like the PLASTIC part that holds the accelerator cable onto the mount is in bad shape too.

Hey FORD, this is DANGEROUS and could cost lives. Been driving Fords for 20+ years, but this may be my last.

Picture: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/Joeboo0412/DSCF1169.jpg

- , E. Lansing, MI, USA

Sep 252010

Taurus

The acceleration is sticking,would increase very fast,hard to stop. Very scarey,Hard to stop. Did not do it all the time,but on occation. No cooperation or belief from anyone on the problem. Trying to find out if this resulted in my wife having a car wreck and getting killed on Oct.8th,2010

- , Dublin, GA, USA

Jun 102010

Taurus SE 3.0L V6

Wonderful car, no other problems except the A/C, and it's been in two major accidents ($3000+ to fix). But this is annoying. Looking into a simple clean and fix now, hopefully it will work and I'll be sure to update it!

Update from Jun 22, 2010: I researched it online, and it was just a butterfly valve near the air intake. Cleaned it out nicely and it isn't sticking! Search accelerator stick and it should come up immediately!

- , Monrovia, MD, USA

Mar 122009

Taurus SE 6 cylinder

The Accelerator gets stuck and the engine revs up. When I try to brake the whole car vibrates. When I get to a parking lot and put the car in park the RPMs jump to 4. The car is not safe to drive. This problem happens every so often.

- , Lenoir, NC, USA

Aug 132009

Taurus

about one year ago my 2005 ford Taurus started to accelerate by itself. i was unable to put my cruise control on and had to hold my brake down really hard to get my car to stop, but the engine would still keep revving up because my breaks were competing with my accelerator. my and my dad went to go get it fixed and the guy switched the cable hook up to the accelerater and put a new one on. it was fine for several months but it started up again the only way i have noticed to fix it is by popping the hood open and connecting the cable back to the accelerator and then wait until it happens again.. it sucks!

- , New Ulm, MN, USA