2.5

2005 Ford Taurus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Taurus:

2005 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 052008

Taurus 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus. After buying this vehicle the dealership has closed its doors. I have been to a few shops that are not sure how to fix my dashboard problem. My fuel gauge is not readable. I have had quotes to be over $1000. I do not have that kind of money to repair this. I just had our Ford truck in for a bad coil. I have never had to replace those. The mechanic said our truck that the Ford will run hot. It had burnt wires in the coil. We are hoping for no further damage. No warning lights or anything. I guess at my mileage and fill my tank. I just cant believe that it is a guessing game and can't get this repaired for less. I am outraged as a Ford owner. We have had these vehicles maintained.

- Byron, NY, USA