2005 Ford Taurus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Taurus:

2005 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 242014

Taurus 6-cyl

Was driving my car when all the sudden it accelerated up to 40+mph with our me even touching pedal... I attempted to hit brakes but it kept going and slammed into curb on passenger side.. no body damage was done but I destroyed both rims, tires are flat and wheels are bent which I'm assuming is the alignment and suspension... I just bought/financed this car from a used lot on 10-18-2014 and now owe for a car that's pretty much totaled... however I did notify them that night (5 hrs after purchase) that the car was revving high and accelerating and hard to stop. I also took video of this... but I had to work all week and didn't have time to go in and complain about issue.. then on Friday October 24th after I got off work and was almost home.. the car sped up and I couldn't stop it had to hit curb in order to stop car from driving me through an intersection and into a concrete wall. And now the car is parked in my complex, and can't be driven.... I'm just extremely thankfull that my wife and newborn were not with me this time..

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 152005

Taurus 6-cyl

The contact states there was a popping noise in the steering when turning. The dealership could not find where the noise was coming from. However the suspension worked erratically. There was a tear where the passenger's side airbag was located, and the light indicates it was off. The dealership was unaware that there was a tear under the airbag and why it happened. Also, they did not check to see if there was an airbag in the vehicle.

- Henderson, NC, USA