2006 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Taurus:

2006 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 072007

I had 2 incidents were I needed to stop quickly. The car failed to stop and just skidded and slid. The back tires locked up and fishtailed. The tires were burning rubber and again the car did not stop, just slid. One time I was only going 40 mph, the other time 80 mph. In the incident going 80 mph there was a Goodyear, before a complete stop needed to happen. At this point the car was still traveling approximently 40 mph, causing me to run through a stop sign. Thank goodness nobody was coming otherwise this could have been a trerrible accident. The other incident a child walked out on a red light and again the car just still just slid and I could not stop...he jumped back on the sidewalk and again everyone was fine. I took the car to the dealership and they told me nothing was wrong. I refused to leave with that car, which I only bought 3 months ago. I in turn took a $3,000 loss because I refused to drive it again. I bought a Chevy and during the test drive I went 80 mph and slammed on the brakes, there was no sliding or burning of rubber, the car just came to a stop the way it should.

- Redding, CA, USA