8.0

2. replaced wiring spring (1 reports)
2006 Ford Taurus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Taurus:

2006 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 222011

Taurus

Problem started with the Airbag lights going on for no reason and then escalated to the cruise control not working. Shop said that if I hadn't brought it in the electrical system would have failed entirely - without warning. He showed us the part removed. All the wires were still bright copper (no corrosion) but several of them were broken. The "spring" is inside the steering wheel stalk, so how they got broken is beyond me. Other than this scary failure....the car has been really good to us. Hope that this is the last of the nasty suprises. I am going to check with Ford to see if this is a warranty repair.

- , Plover, WI, USA

Apr 182010

Taurus SEL

Purchased 2006 Ford Taurus, used in November 2009. Within weeks noticed alarm would go off intermittently. Bottom line after 3 trips to ford dealership with passenger rear door sensor and other sensors replaced, plus the main module and over $1,200 in bills it's still going off. If anyone knows of a solution please advise.

- , Los Gatos, California, USA