2006 Ford Taurus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Taurus:

2006 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 012011

I have a 2006 Ford Taurus and within the past couple of months it will die while sitting at a redlight. I have to turn off the ignition and restart the car and that usually solves the problem. This has happened about 6 times in the past 2 months. Today, however, it stalled at a redlight and I restarted but as I continued driving, the RPM would drop rapidly when I hit the breaks and it acted like it would die. I continued driving and was going about 45 miles an hour and all of the sudden all the odometers dropped to zero and everything on the dashboard went out. I pushed the gas pedal and then everything came back on. Very strange and now I'm worried the car might die when I'm actually driving and not sitting at a redlight.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA