2006 Ford Taurus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Taurus:

2006 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 082008

Taurus

I was driving home from work on I 10 from casa grande, AZ to phoenix, AZ, I was about 2 mile from exit 164 when I thought the right front tire blew out, but there was no pull to the right and I did not lose any control of the car. When I got the car to the side I discovered that the tire was still fully inflated, but all the tread was gone, you could see the steel bans. I figure out the loud banging I heard that I thought was a blow out was the tread coming off. In the process of the tread coming off it broke out most of the plastic lining in the wheel well, the molding on the lower panel of the passenger's side and put a large dent in the door. You can see clearly that the tread just peeled away.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA