2007 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Taurus:

2007 Ford Taurus Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 152012

Taurus 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently. The contact removed the floor mats but the failure continued to recur intermittently. The contact stated that she would tap on the accelerator pedal several times in order to stop the inadvertent acceleration. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 092013

Taurus

My vehicle is accelerating on its own. I was driving at about 25 to 30 miles per hours when I notice the needle on the instrument panel wasn't going down when I took my foot off the pedal, and later it started to get more aggressive and started accelerating on its own. I made it home safely, but I'm afraid to drive my car now.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Feb 202013

Taurus 6-cyl

Vehicle was increasing speed without giving it gas. Had to push on the brake hard to slow down. Cruise control was not on. After stopping it appeared to be ok, but the cruise would no longer work. The cruise light comes on, but nothing happens. I checked under the hood and the cable going to the cruise control had popped off. Reattaching the cable did not fix the problem as the cruise still does not work. I checked and the cable was off again.

- Grayson, GA, USA

Feb 082013

Taurus 6-cyl

When going down the street at any speed, the car can just start going faster on its own, going around corners or anytime going down the road. Its getting very dangerous. Most of the time when you tap on the gas pedal, it will break free and go back to normal but sometimes it just goes faster and faster. Have to pop it in neutral and keep tapping the pedal and hope it goes back to normal. Very dangerous for me or my kids and other drivers on the road. Another thing is that I can turn on the cruise control and the light shows it is on but when I push the set button nothing happens.

- Muncie, IN, USA

Jan 062013

Taurus 6-cyl

When going down the street at any speed, the car can just start going faster on its own, going around corners or anytime going down the road. Its getting very dangerous. Most of the time when you tap on the gas pedal, it will break free and go back to normal but sometimes it just goes faster and faster. Have to pop it in neutral and keep tapping the pedal and hope it goes back to normal. Very dangerous for me or my kids and other drivers on the road. I am trying to get it fixed very soon. Right now the mechanic does not know what is wrong and I am still driving it because I have to get to work. Its my only car.

- Southgate, MI, USA

Nov 252012

Taurus 6-cyl

I was driving my 2007 Ford Taurus SE with my family in the vehicle with me, out of nowhere my car RPM shot up. I had to put my car in park while my engine is screaming and hit the gas peddle couple of times, to bring my RPM back down.(note: RPM be around 4000). Sometimes while I'm driving my car, it will keep the same speed or it will accelerate without hitting the gas peddle.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Oct 162012

Taurus 6-cyl

I was driving uphill at 25 mph. When I reached the crest of the hill, it felt like the gas pedal pushed itself down and would not release. The RPM went up to 4,000 and my car was accelerating. I put both of my feet on the brakes, which had little effect. I then pulled over and shut off my car. After, I put my car in park and put the emergency brake on for precautions. I started my car up after letting it rest for awhile and it immediately went up to 4,000 RPM(s). I shut it off again and let it rest for awhile. I started it up again and it was normal.

- Methuen, MA, USA

Jul 152012

Taurus 6-cyl

While returning to lubbock, tx from carrollton, tx with the cruise control on the engine began racing but the car slowed down. Applied brake to turn off cruise control and coasted off the highway. The temperature was about 105 degrees outside and was 20 miles away from nearest town. Was stranded until tow truck could make it out there. Car would not engage in any gear. Shop determined that torque converter failed. Car has never towed anything.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Jun 232012

Taurus 6-cyl

Car experience uncontrolled, unintended acceleration. When the brake pedal was pressed, the engine continued to accelerate. When the transmission was shifted to neutral, the engine revved very high. Hard braking was required to bring the car to a stop due the revving engine. When the brake pedal was released after stopping the car experienced a sudden start due to the revving engine.

- Mccordsville, IN, USA

Apr 192012

Taurus

I have already had the throttle body replaced 3 times on my vehicle. It lope, headlights dim/bright, and jutts. Also slight unexplained acceleration occurs, and occasional hesitation on acceleration. Fuel filter replaced, fuel pump checked out working properly, and injectors are running fine. Also alternator checked out good, new spark plugs, wires working fine, new battery. Mechanic cannot find anything wrong with the car, but it runs terribly. It`S loped since around 60K miles, and seems to be steadily getting worse. Also on third radiator. A friend told me it could be the ac getting low or charging, or possible iac motor going out, but there`S no real good way of testing it. Dealers keep telling me they won`T fix unless it`S for sure broken. Will take till I`M stranded till a mechanic will fix the problem.

- Juneau, WI, USA

Feb 152012

Taurus 6-cyl

Car accelerated when braking approaching intersection. Throttle appeared stuck. Had to "gun through intersection", race into plaza parking lot on other side and park irregularly shutting engine off. Tried restarting five minutes later, same problem so left parked and called for ride. Next morning called our mechanic three miles away and he said to "bring in slowly with caution so as to not accelerate into something, otherwise call for tow". did as told and an electronic sensor was replaced. Heard recently about the problems being investigated with similar symptoms on '06 Taurus' due to possible cruise cable failure" our cruise stopped working last year-use only on long trips and so noticed at christmas going 300 miles hwy to relatives. Coincidence" anyway, was on way home today and accelerator again raced and had to pull over several times in order not to hurt transmission jamming gear shift into park since holding down brake hard wasn't stopping car. Again drove it to mechanic and was picked up. Will speak with him in the morning about checking part already replaced etc. Before an accident or transmission blowup occur(was already closed when I arrived). Part replaced has only been used a month or so by me!?

- Westland, MI, USA

Mar 202012

Taurus

The contact owns 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that there were three occurrences of sudden acceleration experienced in the vehicle. The contact stated that when the failure would occur, the engine would exhibit excessively high rpms even with the brakes applied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated to the contact that there were no failures within the vehicle. In addition, the cruise control was inoperable. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was unknown, but the current mileage was 100,000.

- Kadie, TX, USA

Oct 012011

Taurus

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the vehicle would accelerate rapidly when applying very minimal pressure to the accelerator pedal. The vehicle was neither inspected nor repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The failure and the current mileages were unknown. The VIN was unavailable.

- Belvue Park, OH, USA

Mar 132012

Taurus 6-cyl

Accelerator sticking upon initial starting off after vehicle sits for a short period.

- Ringgold, GA, USA

Aug 092011

Taurus 6-cyl

The vehicle I own has had a stuck throttle issue in the past. This occurred while I was driving through a main street in my hometown. I had accelerated into traffic without issue except that when I removed my foot from the accelerator, the vehicle continued to accelerate. I was able to safely put the vehicle into neutral and pull to the side of the road to investigate the issue. It appears the cruise control cable simply snaps onto the throttle body assembly with a quick connect clip and has simply worn out. In doing so, with the cable being fairly rigid, sticks straight out and may become lodged on the protruding button that the cable attaches to and prop the throttle partially open. I was able to prevent further issues with a small ziptie on the cable and had no further issues. I am filing a complaint as it does not seem to cover the 2007 model year Taurus which likely has the same assembly as earlier model years. I have a couple of image links from my temporary fix if they would prove to be helpful. img14.imageshack.us/img14/8969/cruisecable1.jpg img339.imageshack.us/img339/5510/cruisecable2.jpg.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Feb 012012

Taurus 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, there was an increase in the engine rpms. The contact had to tap on the accelerator pedal to stop the failure. The failure had since recurred intermittently. The contact also stated that the cruise control feature no longer functioned. The vehicle was taken to and independent repair shop and they could not diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 111,000. Updated 04/06/12 the consumer stated the cruise control feature no longer worked. Updated 04/16/12

- Summerhill, PA, USA

Mar 012008

Taurus

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while stopped at a stop light, the vehicle lunged forward. The failure occurred approximately five different times intermittently. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for a diagnostic test. There was an investigation under NHTSA action number PE12005 (vehicle speed control:cables) that may be related to the failure, but did not included the 2007 Ford Taurus. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000. The VIN was not available.

- Columbiana, OH, USA

Jun 132011

Taurus 6-cyl

When you start your car in the morning. Then you put it in drive and push the peddle the car will not kick in. You have to push the gas peddle hard before it will accelerator.

- Bellingham, WA, USA

Feb 072012

Taurus 6-cyl

The engine idle speed would surge after a cold start. A mechanic cleaned the thottle body. This seemed to help the surging problem, but then the car would start to accelerate for no apparent reason. To stop the vehicle from accelerating, it was necessary to shift into neutral & pump the gas pedal several times. After this happened a couple of times I had the idle control module replaced. For a while the vehicle ran ok, then it started to accelerate again for no reason. While it was accelerating, I shifted to neutral and pulled to the side of the road. Turned the engine off and then on again and it revved up to 4000 RPM. Looking around the throttle body, I found a cable disconnected from the lower part of the throttle body. This cable went to a box near the firewall which I assume to be the cruise controller. I reconnected the cable at the throttle body and have not any problems since then. However, I am amazed at how easy it is to disconnect the cable from the throttle body. It probably became disconnected when the mechanic cleaned the throttle body.

- Weirton, WV, USA

Jan 162012

Taurus 6-cyl

The throttle on my car has gotten stuck on me on five different times. The first time I was coming to a red light and the cad ar speeded up to fifty miles an hour. I had to pull to the side of the road and shut the car off. I started the car and the throttle was still stuck in park. I had to wait fifteen minutes before it stopped. It has gotten stuck on the open highway also.

- Itta Bena, MS, USA