2007 Ford Taurus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Taurus:

2007 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 222014

Taurus 6-cyl

Paid for a 100,000 mile tune up, new front brakes, etc. One day later it suddenly surged forward right as I was pulling into my driveway. I came close to driving through the closed garage door. Hit the brake hard and the RPM's shot up. I turned off the engine while in park. My husband started the car while in park and the RPM's shot up again. Eventually, he pressed the gas pedal and the RPM's dropped. Earlier that same week, I had to swerve to avoid hitting a car in front of me while driving down hill. I assumed that my brakes were beginning to fail, but now I am wonder *tring if this same problem caused my car to surge forward even though I was trying to slow down.

- Reno, NV, USA