$1,200.00

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2007 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Taurus:

2007 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 282010

Taurus SEL 3.0L V6

After many issues with my previous car (a Chrysler) I wanted something that was going to be painfully reliable for university. So I got a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, a Taurus those things are supposed to be some of the most reliable, in-expensive to operate cars on the road. So I've driven it to the point where it has become painfully mundane and boring.

But recently I had noticed that when I shifted my car from Park to Reverse there was a loud 'clunking' sound accompanied by a jolt, unless I had the brake pedal pressed to the floor the car would 'jump' backwards a few inches. Then I started to notice the car shifting rather harshly but I got used to it, figuring this is just what happens with normal wear and tear.

Recently I had my car in for a normal 5,000 service before I drove back down to Florida for university (from Michigan). As soon as I took the car from the dealership I noticed that while maintaining speed in 4th gear the car would buck, or surge while driving. I thought that might be the way my new tires were gripping the road. But then While driving at highway speeds it started to do the same thing. And then I had several times where it would seemingly drop out of gear while driving.

I just find it hard to believe that after 54,000 miles of mostly highway driving the transmission has failed! Although it is covered under extended warranty when the next one fails in 20k-60k miles the car will no longer be under warranty, I plan on being rid of it long before then.

- , West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Nov 182009

Taurus SEL 3.2L V6

Everytime I drove the car, the car would jerk and slam into gear especialy up hills. Would reach 3500 rpms and MAYBE shift and if it did, it would SLAM into gear. And a lack in power when it did shift. I bought a NEW car to keep from having these problems. then the warranty ran out before this happend. I WILL NEVER BUY A NEW FORD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Canton, OH, USA