2008 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Taurus:

2008 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 282016

Taurus

In March 2016 my vehicle began having problems. When making a turn, right front wheel spontaneously grabs intermittently. This disables the vehicle for a period of time. This has almost caused an accident several times, as it happens as I'm heading out into traffic. I have taken the vehicle into the valley Ford dealership here in kalispell, Montana 3 times in an effort to resolve this issue. The first time I took it in right after it first started happening, they told me it was the brakes. So I paid $1070 to have the brakes and rotters replaced. However, this did not resolve the problem. I have since taken the vehicle back to them 2 more times and they have been unable to resolve the issue. I am very concerned that this is a very dangerous ongoing problem. I am seeking your help in resolution in this matter. This has occurred about a dozen times.

- Kalispell, MT, USA

Sep 102015

Taurus

Brought car into three different dealer to diagnose why all dash lights were coming on and off. Each time the PCM was wiped clean and was told they were unsure. The last time I brought the car in was for a possible bad speedometer reading as was pulled over for going 70 in a 55 as which speedometer was reading 55. Brought in for both concerns and determined that the ABS module was bad and the instrument cluster is bad also. Speedometer being off is a safety hazard for all and should have no reason to go out. No telling how long speedometer has been out, but the ABS module started problems around 90,000mi.

- Minot, ND, USA

Jun 012013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Taurus. While driving at a low speed, the traction control warning light illuminated and the anti lock brakes engaged. As a result, the vehicle failed to move forward. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Nebraska City , NE, USA

Jun 012013

- Nebraska City , NE, USA

Mar 072014

Taurus 6-cyl

Made left turn onto major street. There was traffic so everything was slow. As soon as I got onto the street, the engine revved up and started to move faster than I wanted and I put my foot on the brake. The car shot forward and I hit the vehicle in from of me. This was not driver error. It was sudden acceleration.. it caused significant damage to the front end of my car. Luckily, no injuries.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Jul 312013

Taurus 6-cyl

Car was in a parking lot. I put car in reverse and very lightly applied gas pedal and vehicle shot back at a tremendous rate of S peed which I was unable to stop and vehicle was stopped by hitting a low cement wall. If anyone had been behind me they would be injured.

- Holly, MI, USA