2008 Ford Taurus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Taurus:

2008 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Mar 072014

Taurus 6-cyl

Made left turn onto major street. There was traffic so everything was slow. As soon as I got onto the street, the engine revved up and started to move faster than I wanted and I put my foot on the brake. The car shot forward and I hit the vehicle in from of me. This was not driver error. It was sudden acceleration.. it caused significant damage to the front end of my car. Luckily, no injuries.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Aug 282012

Taurus 6-cyl

On 8/28/12 the check engine light went on while I was driving on the long island expressway. On 8/29/12 I brought the car into syosset Ford of huntington ("syosset")for diagnosis and repair of the malfunction causing the check engine light to go on. Syosset diagnosed the problem as a malfunctioning fuel sender attached above the Taurus' fuel tank. Syosset effect a repair by replacing the fuel sender and charged me $411.38(before sales tax). On 9/4/12 I smelled gasoline fumes in the driver/passenger compartment, brought the car back to syosset who effected a repair of the leaking fuel sender. On 9/27/12, the check engine light went on again, I brought the car back again to syosset on 9/28/12. Syosset diagnosed the check engine light as caused by the malfunctioning fuel sender and possibly other components. They could not effect a repair on 9/28/12 because they id not have parts or personnel to effect the repair and scheduled me to bring the car back on 10/10/12, while assuring me it was safe to drive. On 10/10/12 I brought the car back to syosset, the check engine light was out and there was nothing they could do. I believe the fuel sender is a defective component that poses a serious danger to the public. Ford had to recall its 2012 escapes for fuel line defects, I believe this defective fuel sender is as dangerous as the escape's defective fuel lines.

- Plainview, NY, USA