2008 Ford Taurus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Taurus:

2008 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Feb 152015

My car will jerk and hesitate when I am trying to excelerate slowly, also it will do it while I am doing 50-60 and trying to speed up to pass someone.. I have tried fuel injection cleaner all my fluids have been checked, tune was done, no check engine light and mechanic can not figure out why it is doing mirrors another complaint exacly..also every once in a while the inginiton will sick.. this happens all the time.. since about February of this year

- Elkhart, IN, USA

Jan 012015

2008 Ford Taurus(automatic transmission), I was on interstate doing speed-limit 60 mph. When traffic became heavy so was slowed to 45 mph. An when I went to accelerate the car began to jerk an had hesitation like transmission but only when pushed gas pedal. I have notice it bogs down around 60 mph an jerks 3 or 4 times an seems like losing power an then it will pick back up normal drive few more miles an it will repeat. Also checked fluids an they are fine an dash isn't showing any service lights. But when O/D is off it gets intermittent power surge. Also leaving my house got to the stop sign an car would not hold it keep rolling backwards.

- Knoxville, TN, USA