4.4

2010 Ford Taurus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Taurus:

2010 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jun 082015

Taurus

My car is equipped with a rear powered sun screen. I haven't used this feature in 5 years and suddenly it pops up about 3/4 way up. Since it is only partially extended, the side brackets and top bar of the sun screen are reducing my visibility out of the rear window. The sun screen is supposed to retract when the car is in reverse. It would be almost impossible to see out of the rear window at night with sun screen extented 3/4 way up. I believe this a safety design flaw. There are no instructions in the car manual to retract the sun screen manually when the sun screen failed in the extented or partially extented position.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Sep 012013

Taurus 6-cyl

It started to rain and without any prior warning, the windshield wipers did not work. Luckily I was near home and able to return safely although it was a very dangerous time for a few miles. The directionals and bright light switch is fine on the stick but not the wipers or washer. The local Ford dealer wants $113 to tell me what is wrong - he says the tech needs to be paid for turning the computer on. After that payment I would know what it would cost to fix the problem because the Taurus is out of warranty and it might be as high as $500. He made no suggestion of starting to check for a fuse or relay problem - so I guess if it was the fuse that would cost me $113 because I was asked to sign for the $113 fee, no matter what - a base fee to look at a Ford out of warranty. Instead I left the dealership.

- Longboat Key, FL, USA