2011 Ford Taurus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Taurus:

2011 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 142015

Taurus

My mother was driving down the road, and turned on the seat heater. After several minutes the seat heater overheated and burned the backs of her legs. Several days later my father turned it on, it burned through several layers of his winter clothes and left a burn mark on the leather seat. This condition is extremely unsafe, and has caused both personal injury and damage to the car.

- Wurtsboro, NY, USA

Dec 062013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the driver's side heated seat overheated. The seat warmer burned through the leather seat and the contact's coat, causing burns to the contact's skin. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 58,325.

- Cedar Lake , IN, USA

Nov 192013

Taurus

I own a 2011 Ford Taurus with heated leather seats. The heating mechanism began to get hotter in spots on the back of the seat on my drive into work. I begin to feel a burning sensation on my skin as well as a burning smell in the car. I originally thought it was in the heating vents, after turning off the car and stepping out I realized it was not. When I took off my coat, I realized that the seat had burned a hole in my jacket, my sweater and I had a burn on my skin. Looking at the drivers side seat you can see burn marks as well as a hole where the heating mechanism burned through the seat and burned out.

- Lewiston, NY, USA