3.2

2013 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. While driving various speeds, the check engine service sensor suddenly illuminated. The vehicle decelerated, jerked, and hesitated. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Oct 122016

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. While the vehicle was stationary, it stalled without warning. On another occasion, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Cumberland, OH, USA

Jun 072016

Taurus

While driving sudden losing accelation. I had about 7 times in highway to pulled off with out rear collision. About 3 times in local drive. Each time pulled off and turn engine off with restart than engine light and code disappear and driving normal.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Aug 132016

Taurus

As I was driving, on the hightway, the car stopped accelerating. It seemed to not be getting any gas. When I gave it gas it did not even rev. I pulled over and shut the engine off, waited about 20 seconds, started it and it was fine. This happened again shortly after. The wrench symbol came on when this happened and now the engine light is on.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 022016

Taurus

Vehicle has 48,000 miles and had freezer plug and water pump failure. Ford was backordered by over 300 units of water pump. Vehicle was in Hawaii for first year and in seattle / Tacoma area since. I feel that at this mileage, along with the amount of water pumps that were on order from Ford motor that their is a defect with the water pumps and a recall should be looked into

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Mar 112016

Taurus

I have a 2013 Ford Taurus limited edition.my car started having problems.I was at a stop started to move when the light turned green.the wrench light came on.I had no gas pedal.car was shacking very bad.I coasted to the side of the road turned engine off.I restarted my car and it seemed fine.this has happened several times.I took my car to commercial Ford in aransas pass tx.they thought it was throttle body speed sensor but they didn't know at that time.took my car home it continued to have problems and finally set a code.they were right.they want $800 dollars to repair my car.the problem is the part is on back order.as of today there are 1562 on back order.this is going to take along time that I will be without a vehicle.I have researched online there are a lot of complaints about this same problem.this is a dangerous and unsafe problem.I don't understand why Ford doesn't recall these cars before someone gets hurt.please investigate and get Ford to fix my car and the 1562 other cars that are having this same issue.

- Aransas Pass, TX, USA

Jun 172015

Taurus

Go`S to a very rough idle. This has happen four times the last being 8/19/2015. I have a engine analyzer that has code P2111 which is throttle body trouble. I have it at a Ford dealer now and they are telling me they can not do anything as there analyzer is not giving them a code. This is a very dangerous condition as it will just go to a ideal at any speed. As trying to make a left turn or crossing a busy road. I took them my print out from my analyzer. But all I get is song and dance that they can`T do anything till they get a code. It has a extended warranty and they don`T want to do it. There first answer was drive it till it happen again. My answer was next time could get you killed in the right place. I told them to keep it and when they fix it let me know. They first told me the computer just needed up dating and I told them that was bs which it is. It is a soft code that will reset it`S self. The car is located at ( mullinax Ford ) in new smyrna beach.fl 32168 phone386-428-9094 ext 2336 service rep ( brittany finch ) my cell phone is 386-690-1065

- New Smyrna Beach., FL, USA

Aug 012015

Taurus

On 8/1/15, my son, my father, and I were heading back from vacation. My father was driving when he went to accelerate; we heard a "pop" from the engine. My son stated that he smelt smoke. My father and I hadn't at that time. Not even a minute later, the dashboard flashed a "service soon" and to check manual. Before I could thumb thru the manual, my father stated that we had lost power. He was coasting over to the side of the road when we both smelled smoke. Shortly after that, we saw smoke and fire from the driver's side hood. Before he had the car stopped, smoke and flames were rolling out. We were able to get everything out of the vehicle but the car was a total loss. I contacted the dealership along with Ford Motor Company regarding this issue. My car had less than 33K miles. It was still under factory warranty; heck I even bought the extended warranty. The dealership and Ford Motor Company aren't taking responsibility at this time.

- North Pekin, IL, USA

Aug 032015

Taurus 6-cyl

I was driving on the highway at about 65 mph and my car jerked, malfunction indicator light came on and my car began to decelerate, the gas pedal did not work, and the car began to rough idle. I coasted to the freeway shoulder, turned my car off and restarted. The condition appeared to correct itself. I attempted to resume driving only to have the same scenario mentioned above happen again while driving on the freeway. This occurred a total of 3 times on my way to work. Took my car to Ford dealer: They were able to reproduce issue, read diagnostic code P2111, and attempted to fix the issue by performing maintenance to the connector. I was advised that if this did not correct the issue that the throttle body might need to be replaced. I drove the car for 1/2 day and it repeated the same issue as above only this time at 40 mph on the street, but this time I had to stop and start the car two times in a row to get past the rough idle. I have a 2011 Ford Fusion where the identical scenario occurred and the same Ford dealer covered the repair under extended warranty under NHTSA action number : PE13003. I filed a claim with corporate Ford and they would not cover my car. I would like to request the scope of this issue researched to see if vehicles with my year, make and model should be included in this action... updated 09/30/15

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jul 072015

Taurus

This is a police interceptor vehicle. When attempting to go from reverse to drive while the vehicle is still in reverse motion[approx. 5 mph] as soon as it is put in drive, the engine stalls. Same thing will happen when in forward motion and going into reverse. To my knowledge, all of the 2013 and 2014 police interceptors are experiencing the same issue.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Feb 052014

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. Upon making a left or right turn, the vehicle sputtered and attempted to stall. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who replaced the throttle body, but the failure persisted. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available. Updated 7/29/15

- Gouldsboro, PA, USA

Feb 032015

Taurus 6-cyl

Upon accelerating after green light car surged and started to shake with no power control, had to maneuver across 2 lanes of traffic to side of the road with no power almost getting hit, after removing ignition key and waiting several moments car started and was fine. The problem intermittently persist always during acceleration after a stop. Very dangerous being stuck in the intersections!!

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Dec 292014

Taurus 6-cyl

Car spontaneously stopped running. The touch screen display went dark, the dash board lights turned off and the engine stopped while traveling a city street at 25 mph. The car coasted to a stop and it took about a minute to restart it. Updated 2/11/16

- Mcalester, OK, USA

Nov 252013

Taurus 6-cyl

I drove my 2013 Ford Taurus approximately 4 miles to my home. After cutting the car off I noticed smoke billowing from under the hood. I restarted the car to back out from under my carport. I cut the car off and within seconds the car was engulfed in flames causing a total loss. There were no warning signs or signals. It was very quick. My insurance company settled the claim and is subrogating with Ford. Ford has shown no interest about seeing the car, finding out what happened or determining the possible cause of the fire. This is very disappointing as this could have been very dangerous if it had happened while driving, not to mentioned if it had caught my house on fire. I am very disappointed with Ford and chose not to purchase another Ford, nor will I recommend one. By the way the car was still under warranty and had been serviced at the Ford dealership including recalls.

- Oriental, NC, USA