2013 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 222016

Sudden loss of power to idle speed while driving. There is no warning and could lead to an accident. The problem has happen twice in city driving. I believe the throttle position sensor is the problem.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Mar 112016

I have a 2013 Ford Taurus limited car started having problems.I was at a stop started to move when the light turned green.the wrench light came on.I had no gas was shacking very bad.I coasted to the side of the road turned engine off.I restarted my car and it seemed fine.this has happened several times.I took my car to commercial Ford in aransas pass tx.they thought it was throttle body speed sensor but they didn't know at that time.took my car home it continued to have problems and finally set a code.they were right.they want $800 dollars to repair my car.the problem is the part is on back of today there are 1562 on back order.this is going to take along time that I will be without a vehicle.I have researched online there are a lot of complaints about this same problem.this is a dangerous and unsafe problem.I don't understand why Ford doesn't recall these cars before someone gets hurt.please investigate and get Ford to fix my car and the 1562 other cars that are having this same issue.

- Aransas Pass, TX, USA

Jan 152016

I have 2013 Ford Taurus at sam galloway Ford in fort myers Florida, they called me and said my E.T.B electronic throttle body needs to be repaired/replaced and it will cost $750 out the door. I started doing some research for cheaper cost and I came across other Ford with this same problem that was recalled, made a few calls to Ford and they said my VIN number doesn't qualify my car for that recall. This is a very dangerous problem, the car will lose throttle in the middle of traffic. This seems to me a issue and problem with a number of Ford vehicles and just because mine doesn't fall under the VIN, it's still a Ford and the etb is a problem for Ford vehicles. Please make this a recall! etb is a problem that needs to be fixed for any Ford that it happens to! this has happened several times to me since I had the car and it's only been a two months. To dangerous to be on the streets to drive and needs to be fixed!

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Sep 172015

Taurus 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. While driving at approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure recurred on several occasions while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer, however, the contact stated that a code reader indicated that the throttle body control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Update 01/13/16 MA updated 01/19/16. Updated 02/05/16

- Palmetto, FL, USA

Oct 192015

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while driving at unknown speed, the vehicle decelerated and shook violently as the wrench warning light illuminated. The vehicle resumed to normal function after the vehicle was turned off and restarted. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 63,000.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Feb 032015

Taurus 6-cyl

Upon accelerating after green light car surged and started to shake with no power control, had to maneuver across 2 lanes of traffic to side of the road with no power almost getting hit, after removing ignition key and waiting several moments car started and was fine. The problem intermittently persist always during acceleration after a stop. Very dangerous being stuck in the intersections!!

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jul 152013

Taurus 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while driving at various, the vehicle accelerated without manual force, the failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 4,000...updated 12-24-13 the consumer stated the radio and navigations system was not working.

- Hayden , AL, USA

Oct 172012

Taurus 6-cyl

While driving the vehicle at highway speeds, it was noted that when I set the cruise control at 70 mph, the stated speed limit, the digital numerical readout read exactly 70 mph. The speedometer although reads consistently 3-4 mph above the cruise control setting. This has occurred since I took delivery of the vehicle as brand new from the dealer and occurs regardless of speed setting, I.e.: same issue if cruise is set at 45 mph, 55 mph, 65 mph, etc. After becoming concerned that the vehicle may in fact be traveling faster than the digital cruise control setting was stating, I took the vehicle back to dealer. They were unable fix the issue with exact explanation on my repair order reading: "client states when cruise set the speedometer always 3-4 miles higher. Nwp contact Ford advised to drive 2013 and 2014 models to verify concern. Both models same symptom. All ok at this time."

- Mokena, IL, USA