3.4

2013 Ford Taurus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 142016

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the fuel system malfunctioned and the fuel gauge decreased inadvertently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V621000 (fuel system, gasoline), even though the failures were identical. The failure mileage was 83,243.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Jul 012016

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. While driving various speeds, the vehicle suddenly shut off. The failure also occurred while the vehicle was idling. In addition, the vehicle would sometimes not start. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Moon Township, PA, USA

Oct 152016

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. While the vehicle was stationary, the fuel pump module malfunctioned. The vehicle was diagnosed as needing a new fuel pump module. The vehicle was repaired, but the issue recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 63,000.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Oct 172016

Taurus 4WD 6-cyl

Car lost all power in middle of intersection. Wrench symbol appeared, engine warning light came on and the car would barely move through the intersection. I took the car to a local repair shop to have the car scanned. The service tech said the car had a defective throttle body valve failure code. I was told by the service company that Ford has a problem involving the throttle body valves. So I called Ford after reading about all the failures that other customers have had with various models of Ford. The Ford customer service people told me that the throttle body issues they are having does not cover my vehicle. They then told me that your Agency is responsible for issuing a product recall and until your Agency does so we will need to incur the $400 to 600 dollar repair costs. I respectively request that your Agency immediately force Ford to fix this problem before someone gets seriously gets injured. It is apparent that this throttle body issue does exist on other models besides the models listed for the repairs. Please act on this immediately!

- Ocoee, FL, USA

Aug 252016

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that after shutting the engine off, the vehicle failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel delivery system failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Aug 102016

Taurus

While driving down the road, turning or leaving stop sign or light, it will drop in speed and will not accelerate when on the gas pedal. The wrench light will comes on. I have had to try and coast out of traffic to side of road or in the middle lane or where ever I can. I have had to turn the car off and restart only to have it do it again and again. When turning the ignition switch it sometimes will drag like it doesn't want to start. This is very dangerous when driving because people will not know that your car is not at a steady speed and is slowing down or can't take off. Took it to the shop and because it is not doing it or the wrench symbol is no longer there after U restart the car, they can't get a code. I'm really frustrated. This is my only means of transportation.

- Palestine, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Taurus

The electronic throttle body reads that the actuator is stuck open. This causes my car to stall in unpredictable and unsafe scenarios. My car will still move when this happens but only at really low speeds. One time the car slowed down and would not let me go above twenty miles per hour and I was on the expressway with a speed limit of 65 miles per hour. It does it out of nowhere and is putting me in the position to get rear-ended. I have to now pay 300 to buy a new piece to resolve this problem when in fact this vehicle should have been recalled like the Ford escape and the Ford Fusion because it is the exact same issue. This issue has my life and my children's lives on the line every time we get in this car. This issue happens anywhere. It happens frequently on city streets where I would be going 30 miles per hour and it reduces my speed to like ten miles per hour and wont let me accelerate. I have to shut the engine off and restart the car. I have had to pull over into parking lanes and gas stations in order to get out of traffic flow to safely shut my engine off and restart the car. It has done this twice on the expressway where it reduced my speed from 65 to 40 mph and continued to decrease in speed. One of those times I was not by a shoulder at all and there was very heavy traffic flow. I finally was able to pull into the yellow lines where cars are not supposed to be that are between the lanes where you merge from one expressway to another. And that time I was a sitting duck between lanes of traffic with my emergencies on because I wasnt able to shut the car off right away due to my lane placement on the expressway. So the car was shaking.

- Covington, KY, USA

Jun 012016

Taurus

My first experience with this problem was driving 40 mph on a local street, very busy, lots of traffic. The engine sputtered made a weird nose, lost power totally, I was barely able to get into a parking lot out of the way. Very scary, since I had no idea what was happening. The wrench indicator light came one. I had the car towed to the local dealership. The local Ford dealership "updated" the software before checking for the default code that would show. They said there was nothing wrong and sent me on my way. Then it happened several times again both on a major thoroughfare and on the highway. Another instance was while driving at 70 mph on the freeway in traffic the engine stalls leaving me with no power to control my speed. As my car quickly reduces speed on a major freeway I attempt to get over to the shoulder out of harms way. Ford calls this non life threatening because the car is still controllable to get out of harm's way. What is wrong with them, really. Very dangerous. Car is at the dealership now and said it would be at least 3 weeks to get the part. Which has left me stranded without a dependable vehicle to drive to work. Ford needs to get it together.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

May 132016

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to steer the vehicle off to the shoulder of the road. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where the fuel cell module was replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Dec 182015

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. After the vehicle was started, the check fuel inlet warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that fuel was leaking from the vehicle. The fuel delivery module was cracked and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V812000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Macon, GA, USA

Jun 102013

Taurus

My Taurus symptoms are, lose of power in lower gears(1,2,3). When accelerating from a stand still, the car hesitates. And now the car has a crank no start issue and I smell fuel. My my touch is a little slow but my reverse cam is upside down and some times doesn't show a view at all. Other then that, my Taurus has been great and reliable. I hope Ford finds away to address these issues before they lose a loyal costumer

- Dallas, GA, USA

Oct 042015

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus.the contact stated that after refueling the vehicle, there was a strong fuel odor outside the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V227000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 55,639.

- Becker, MN, USA

Aug 072015

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that there was a fuel odor coming from the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V227000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 14,093.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Jun 172015

Taurus

Go`S to a very rough idle. This has happen four times the last being 8/19/2015. I have a engine analyzer that has code P2111 which is throttle body trouble. I have it at a Ford dealer now and they are telling me they can not do anything as there analyzer is not giving them a code. This is a very dangerous condition as it will just go to a ideal at any speed. As trying to make a left turn or crossing a busy road. I took them my print out from my analyzer. But all I get is song and dance that they can`T do anything till they get a code. It has a extended warranty and they don`T want to do it. There first answer was drive it till it happen again. My answer was next time could get you killed in the right place. I told them to keep it and when they fix it let me know. They first told me the computer just needed up dating and I told them that was bs which it is. It is a soft code that will reset it`S self. The car is located at ( mullinax Ford ) in new smyrna beach.fl 32168 phone386-428-9094 ext 2336 service rep ( brittany finch ) my cell phone is 386-690-1065

- New Smyrna Beach., FL, USA

Aug 132015

Taurus

Here is the history of the car that I can provide it has had 3 fuel system relays replaced since Friday. 2 in the last 3 days 2 different Ford dealers. The car does not turn on when turned off with no warning. The car has had a fuel modulator and over 5 relay switches replaced in less than a year. The dealer is replacing the switch without diagnosing the issue behind the switch failing. It has left me stranded 3 times since last Thursday. It is not behind on any service and I take it to a Ford dealer to be repaired. I think emkay needs to review the repairs on this car and ask the dealer to diagnosis the cause of these failures. 2013 Ford Taurus 67000 miles.

- Harvard, IL, USA

Apr 302015

Taurus

While driving on a 6 lane road at 40 mph, the engine just shut off. A yellow wrench light appeared on my dash. With my flashers on, I managed to coast over to the shoulder of the road, and then restarted the car. The wrench light disappeared. I drove immediately to the Ford dealership service center, and was told that they could "not duplicate" the issue as no codes were activated by the car's computer. One service person thought it could perhaps be related to an electronic throttle body issue that other Ford models had. However, I was told that if it happens again to bring it back. Obviously, I am afraid of it happening again and want some kind of resolution. The car has only 18,000 miles.

- Hypoluxo, FL, USA

Jul 012013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus the contact stated that NHTSA campaign number 13V227000 (fuel system, gasoline) had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The dealer stated they don't have the part and they don't know when the part will be available. The failure and current mileage was 4,200.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 022013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign id number 13V227000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the part was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified and they were unable to provide an expected date for the remedy part to become available. The contact had not experienced any failures.

- Andover, MN, USA

Jul 242013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V227000 (fuel system) and stated that the dealer informed him that the parts were not available for the repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mayflower, AR, USA

Jul 222013

Taurus

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Taurus. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V227000 (fuel system, gasoline) and the vehicle was taken the dealer for recall service however, the contact was denied the recall repair. The dealer stated that they would only repair vehicles that they had sold. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The current mileage was 11,200. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Logansport, LA, USA