2013 Ford Taurus lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

May 132015

Recall 14R01 clearly states that if lens is cracked, or if I operate in corrosive environment, or if the customer is concerned they will replace lens. Well, I'm concerned and Ford is refusing to replace part because I don't live in corrosive environment. Again, there is an or if the customer is concerned clearly stated in the recall. Who would not be concerned if these things are cracking anywhere. I want the lens replaced and they won't do it because it is not cracked. I just want them to live up to the clearly stated or that I am concerned and replace the lens. They are refusing. I contacted Ford and my case number is cas-7167349. I am requesting assistance from the administration to convince Ford that they need to live up to the language of the recall in its entirety.

- Holly Springs, MS, USA

Feb 022015

Taurus 6-cyl

This is an on going issues the design of the halogen headlight lamp system on this car does not give out enough light. My lights only Focus in one spot with light and everything else is dark. If aimed correctly I only have light maybe 15 feet in front of the car and I cannot see the road directly in front of the car. When it rains I am blind driving by other cars lights. I have taken this to Ford twice now and the keep readjusting the lights to throw the light out in front of the car leaving me not able to see the road in front of the car. Ford has also told me nothing is wrong with the lighting.

- Roswel, GA, USA

Aug 282013

Taurus 6-cyl

Headlight system is poor on low beam. There is a horizontal line making definite division in visibility that extends across the complete horizontal line of vision. Going to high beams stops eliminates it. I nearly had an accident as I cannot see well on low beams. The same thing is reported by many owners of this vehicle. I stopped at the dealer, we looked at it, tried the lights and also tried to adjust them but the low beams just do not have a light pattern that allows the driver to see at a safe distance in front of the car at night. This low beam headlight system just plain stinks for a car that had a msrp of $35K.

- Edwards, IL, USA

Nov 132013

Taurus 6-cyl

While bringing my wife home from work, down a city street, she yelled out to me to watch out...deer! automatically, I looked to the right in people yards and wooded are, then left, only to find them just slight to my right form the center of our car. At this point I knew the brakes were in great shape. However these halogen projection headlights have a decent pattern, but are like having two candles. Why is it my 2006 Mercury montego had factory hid headlights and now 7 years later they went backwards, as other cars are now using led headlights" this was not the only time. The next time my wife noticed a person walking in the road, why who knows" except I am not happy with what I think is politics Ford is doing. These lighting system is so bad if I had the high beams on while driving with on coming traffic nobody blinks at me. (I know this should not be done for safety reasons, but I had to prove to myself that it's not just me due to the change over from hid to halogen lighting. Ps) today March 14 2014, I wrote thru the website planet feedback to the CEO of Ford over this issue. I already mentioned this on surveys Ford gave me when I purchased the auto, and mentioned it to the dealership.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Feb 042014

Had issues with lights not working. Took it to get it fixed. They "fixed" it. Happened again a few days later. Went back in to get fixed. Later we were notified that the back trunk caught on fire. Bumper was melted and there was damage to the trunk lid. Items inside were fine. If it was being driven, I'm sure the driver would be dead. The fire was so close to the gas tank.

- Binghamton, NY, USA