2008 Ford Taurus X accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Taurus X:

2008 Ford Taurus X Owner Comments

Feb 012010

Taurus X

The drivers side floor mat on my 2008 Ford Taurus X, shifts/slides to the right, using the floormat latch as a pivot point. This shift in the floor mat causes the floormat to place itself in the vicinity of the accelerator pedal. When the accelerator pedal is depressed to accelerate, it gets lodged behind/underneath the drivers side floor mat, preventing the accelerator from returning to its normal position, and causes the car to accelerate out of control. Ford Motor Company has been notified of this incident and problem via both email and phonecon. The crc at fmc informed me, the consumer, that since this was an isolated incident, no action or recall investigation would be taken. I feel this incident is a serious safety concern, having the issue happen to me on at least a half a dozen occasions. Fortunately, I have a calm head and know the proper solution to resolve the issue was to place the car in neutral, which causes the engine to rev to its limiter, and slide the floormat out from under the accelerator pedal. I feel I am the exception to the norm of peoples, in that I did react appropriately others would probably not be so calm and smart in the situation. Fords response to my clear safety concern is disturbing and appalling. I feel the only reason this has been an isolated incident is due to the fact that there are probably not many of these particular models out there that have the use/mileage on it, . being that it is such a new vehicle... in my opinion, this problem will occur in the future, with the resulting serious injury of another individual... I recommend someone investigate this issue.... email with fmc crc, stating case number, can be furnished upon request.

- St. Clair Shores, MI, USA