1997 Ford Thunderbird windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Thunderbird:

1997 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Mar 252008

Thunderbird LX 4.6L

The dealership replaced the retainer & run assembly. They suggested a new window regulator. The problem is the part is obsolete. Nobody has one left in stock. Anywhere! Can't even find an aftermarket. I have kept this car in good shape. It is my favorite car of all time. I love its looks. Its given me good service. Its quiet and comfortable. I would love to retire it and make it into a weekend car. Does Ford has rights to who makes aftermarket parts? With all the Thunderbirds & Cougars out there, I would think some company would make an window regulator. A year ago, I needed the shifter replaced on the console. Here again, obsolete. Lucky, the place that had obsolete parts had only 11 in stock. That is more serious of a problem. You can't drive a car if you can't shift into "drive". Anyhow, I'm still looking for a new left side power window regulator. One would think that Ford would keep making parts in limited number until demands are down to nothing. I'm worried about buying one from a junkyard. Fear of buying worse than one I'm replacing. I would buy another Thunderbird if Ford make another four seater two door midsize coupe like my '97.

- , St. Louis, MO, USA