2002 Ford Thunderbird drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Thunderbird:

2002 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

May 062010

Thunderbird 3.8L

click to see larger images

accelerator stuck to the floor

I bought this T-Bird brand new in 2002 in hopes of keeping it like new in my garage for many years, It only has 10,500 miles on it. I have had several incidents in that the accelerator pedal would stick if I took my foot off very quickly, as wanting to stop quick at stop signs or traffic lights. The very last time this week, when a signal changed to yellow and a car in front of me stopped quickly, I took my foot off of pedal and it kept going even when I stamped on the break. It would not stop until my car hit the car in front who was stopped by now. Much damage and cost as well as a possible suit by the owner of the car in front

who claims he has bodily injury. This I am not sure just yet. Case if too new. When this problem happened in the past, there was usually no car in front and stomping on the break pedal would stop the car normally. I usually thought it was my foot missing the break pedal but the car would finally stop doing this before.

- , El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Aug 152008

Thunderbird 3.9L V8

Warning. This problem could cause death or serious injury. The Accelerator pedal stuck wide open while backing out of a parking spot. At first I guessed it was a floor mat; however, I now believe that it may be something else. I only lost 60004 dollars and some pride. I was thankful that no one was hurt.

- , Clayton, MO, USA