1. replaced two actuator valves (1 reports)
2002 Ford Thunderbird steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Thunderbird:

2002 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

May 012010

Thunderbird 3.9L

My car was taking an extra amount of energy to steer. I thought I was just old and weak. I took the car to Ford. They said a code came up on the actuator valve. The cost was $550.00 and the part didn't come for two weeks. They put the part in and tested it again and a different code came up for some other switch that was bad. Why was it OK at one point and bad after they put the new part in? They wanted another $550.00 for the second part and another week for the second part to come in. After driving it 50 miles, the engine started missing. (See my other complaint on engine missing). I feel that this dealership is sabotaging engines for future business. The bills will total $3,350 within 200 miles if I have the rest done! I'm so mad, I could spit fire! I'm looking for something I can depend on and work on myself, like a 1969 Camaro.

- , Stevenson Ranch, CA, USA