2003 Ford Thunderbird fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Thunderbird:

2003 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Sep 272014

Thunderbird 8-cyl

Vehicle experiences unintended engine acceleration when stopping for a red light or placing the car in park. Motor hit over 3500 RPM while parking before I could shut down the ignition.

- Grafton, VA, USA

Jul 102012

Thunderbird 8-cyl

I was accelerating to merge onto the highway at full throttle and the engine shut itself off. I pulled over to the shoulder and turned the ignition off and restarted it and continued to my destination. This has occurred several times over the last few years, and it is only getting worse and more frequent. Sometimes the limp home light (wrench) comes on. I must turn the ignition off and back on to make the car work. I have had all 8 coils replaced and this did not fix the problem and it still occurs today. I checked the codes and it did say it was a forced shut down. I unfortunately do not remember the code number.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA