3.6

2005 Ford Thunderbird cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Thunderbird:

2005 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Dec 292008

Thunderbird

My temperature gauge has risen to hot three times while driving with no prior warning. The first was 12/29/2008. They replaced the motor radiator cooling fan. My mileage at the time was 35673.the 2nd time was 3/17/2009 and they replaced the tank assy-radiator, seal, cap asy radiator, thermostat asy - spo. My mileage this time was 38000.the 3rd time was 9/21/2009, this time they replaced the heater control valve assy. My mileage this time was 42921. Each time this occurred, it was shortly after I had my car in for its usual maintenance. Of course the dealer denies this has anything to do with my temp gauge rising to hot within weeks after they service the car and the car shutting down.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA