3.6

2005 Ford Thunderbird engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Thunderbird:

2005 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Nov 242009

Thunderbird 8-cyl

On Nov 24,2009, the throttle body motor failed and caused my 2005 Ford Thunderbird to cut off in traffic. I took the car to metro Ford for repair. They said the part would take several weeks. Metro said I could drive my car until they repair my car because Ford could not provide me with a loaner. I later found out that there are others with the same problem since July 2009. After several promises to no avail, I decided to write several executives. I have not heard from anyone yet. Two days ago, I was almost rear-ended when the car off in traffic. The consumer was told the throttle body and motor assembly needed to be replaced. Updated 04/16/10

- Miami, FL, USA