9.0

$1,667.00

1. replace transmission (3 reports)
  3. burn the vehicle (1 reports)
1995 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Windstar:

1995 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 292016

Windstar SV 6.0L

MY SON'S GIRLFRIEND TURNED THE VAN ON, THEN REMEMBERED SOMETHING INSIDE... WHILE INSIDE THE VAN ROLLED FORWARD AND CHRASHED INTO HER FRIENDS MOBILE HOME. HARD ENOUGH TO SET OFF AIR BAGS AND KNOCKED HOME OFF OF FOUNDATION!!! SHE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL WITH A 5 BY 3 IN. SWOLLEN, BULE, GREEN, INJURY FROM THE TV FALLING ON HER KNEE CALF AREA... WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW FORD???

- , Cleveland, SC, USA

Mar 142005

Windstar

I had just bought the van cause it had low mileage in the 75,000s. Problem with Transmission on the way home. Called the guy that sold it to me, after a week he located a guy to fix it for 800 instead of 1100 I was getting quoted from other places. He replaced a single crap piece in it, instead of whole transmission.

- , Montague, MI, USA

Jan 032005

Windstar 3.8L

I shipped the vehicle overseas. It is parked at all times. Since I got it there I spent my whole vacation trying to fix it. The overhead gasket went out on it then the belt. The transmission was also acting. Didn't make anything of it. I shipped the converter box and the whole kit for the transmission. Took it to a shop and redid the whole transmission. After they put it together, we find out that the problem still there. I wasted my vacation trying to fix a POS vehicle that never needed to be manufactured in the first place. I truly believe that the engineer were high when designing FORD in general.

I hate ford and I would like to burn my car and send the pictures to Ford Company to see. I wasted money shipping the car $2,500 and getting it registered $4,500 and insured $500.00 to find out that the vehicle is not working ( A Lemon)

- , Nampa, ID, Morocco

Oct 012008

Windstar V6

Overdrive was the worst idea anyone came up with. They all seem to go just after 100,000 miles. I bought this van used in June for $2500.00 and now I and looking at spending almost that much again for a transmission!! Ford NEEDS a better idea

- , Seymour, CT, USA

Jun 152003

Windstar GL

i think this is my last ford, this van is killing me, first the motor went in about 1999, now the transmission was just rebuilt, one week after the transmission was done i find out now i have a broken left front spring which as of now i have no idea what it is going to cost, but i do know it isn't going to be cheap. Oh one more thing, i have had 2 door ajar sensors fixed on this van an now the thing is telling me i have another one now bad... HEY FORD.......YOUR MAKING JUNK AN IAM NOT HAPPY. fords are done in this family.

- , Pleasant Gap, PA, USA

Oct 102006

Windstar GL

the van now has over 205,000km but the problem STILL won't go away and the last payment ALMOST BROKE ME!!!!!!

- , Picton, Ontario, Canada