6.7

$2,000.00

2. new transmission and wheel bearings (1 reports)
1996 Ford Windstar drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Windstar:

1996 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 062006

Windstar LX

My biggest gripe was having a pre-purchase vehicle check two months before that said the van checked out fine.

- , La Crosse, WI, USA

Nov 192006

Windstar GL 3.0L V6

I have owned my Minivan for less than two years. It has 153,000 miles on it when I purchased it. Ever since I bought this nightmare everytime I push on the gas I can hear a metal rattling and can feel the vibrations. It only happens at low speeds. I have taken my minivan to multiple shops including Ford and they have all told me that there is nothing they can do and I should just get used to hearing the noise. I absolutely hate it and am at the point that I am trading it in at a major financial loss on my part to get a vehicle that is worth owning. I am SO done with Ford from now on!!! I will avoid Ford Vehicles like the plague from this day forth!

- , Rosebrug, OR, USA

Nov 032005

Windstar

No clue, there is a whirring noise when you are at 30-35 mph. Sounds like it is from the back passenger tire area. A mechanic drove it around and can't think of anything. Rides fine but it is annoying

- , williamsport, PA, USA