1. new or used engine (1 reports)
1997 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Windstar:

1997 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Sep 262009

Windstar 3.2L

I always made a conscious effort to keep my vehicle maintained to avoid any unnecessary costly repairs. I smelled something that smelled like wires burning. When I took it to my mechanic, they couldn't find anything wrong with it. After traveling out of town one day, we came home and parked it without incident. The next time I went to drive it, it wouldn't start. I took the battery and had it checked, it wasn't the battery. I had it towed to my mechanic and was told I had a blown head gasket and would need a new motor. I refused to believe it, because it never sputtered, drank no oil, no missing or anything. After stewing this over for a couple of days, I just had the vehicle towed back home. While on the internet, I noticed that Ford already knows about this potential problem and chose not to do anything about it. I DO PLAN TO SUE FORD MOTOR COMPANY BECAUSE I AM DISABLED, AND I PUT A LOT OF MONEY INTO THIS VEHICLE TO HAVE IT HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE AND I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A MOTOR!!!! IF YOU ALL KNOW OF AN ATTORNEY WHO IS WILLING TO START A NEW CLASS ACTION OR ALREADY HAS ONE STARTED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! PHYLLIS.

- , Madisonville, KY, USA