1997 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Windstar:

1997 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Feb 262010

Windstar LX 3.8L

I left my home for work and vehicle was operating perfectly for approximately for 0.2 miles and then the transmission went out as if it was in neutral. I had no gears forward nor reverse. It did not make any sounds or give me any indication something was wrong. My gear shift lever on the column has no resistance when you move it and the gear shift cable is moving on top of the transmission. It has been a great vehicle until this happened. Fluid level is full. Can anyone give me a clue what the problem might be. It seems to be internal I believe.

- , California, MD, USA