5.0

1998 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Feb 012011

Windstar

Two weeks after I had the brakes fixed, front only, the brakes went out while I was driving with my grandson in the van with me. I was told it was a different problem, and this time it cost me $733.00. The van had to be towed to the Ford garage because it was unsafe to drive without brakes. The Ford garage man, said it was the brake fluid line that was broken because of rust, but there was no evidence of any brake fluid leak in the driveway, and when we tried to add brake fluid, it was hardly down. They said it was caused by rust, but I wonder why they didn't see it when the car was there two weeks earlier. I am very upset by this problem and have lost my trust in my van and the Ford garage. Margaret N.

- , Racine, WI, USA

Jul 202006

Windstar

The brakes on my van have had to be replaced each and every year and it is only driven from about 10K to 14K miles every year. Also multiple problems with the ABS. I have had brake failure while driving with my kids in the car twice.

- , Harleysville, PA, USA