1998 Ford Windstar clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Aug 011998

Windstar

I have had my 1998 Ford Windstar for less than one year. It has been out of service for transmission problems 4 times. The first time they replaced the clutch pistons, second time they replaced the transmission. I am continuing to have problems with severe shifting between 1st and 2nd or 2nd to 1st. Ford Motor Company will only offer me an extended warranty, although they say they can not fix the problem. I am concerned for my safety and my the safety of my children. I have several friends having the same problem with their 98 Windstar only theirs have now begun to downshift when traveling on the highway! this is a safety hazard and Ford doesn't care help!!!

- Bluffton, SC, USA