2. replace front end (1 reports)
1998 Ford Windstar suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Windstar:

1998 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Sep 262012

Windstar GL 3.6L V6

I've been driving my van but now i notice the sound of the front is making a lot of noises like the sub frame is clicking up and down about one inches on both side and its loud even the windows are up and this should be a recall because its not safe at all for anyone.

- , Jamestown, NY, USA

Feb 032009

Windstar 3.0L

We have replaced most of the front end, twice, on our 1998 Ford Windstar. Once is bad enough but twice and close to $700 each time. The last time was about 2 to 3 years ago. They also told us we need to have the shocks on the front cut, then re-welded to get it back in line. It was only like a year 1/2 or 2 between the two replacements. When it first went out and I looked, ours was one month off on the recall for this. There is no way this should go out that fast. Also for a good while now, we have a odd popping sound that only happens when its very cold or gets wet under it. After looking online, I see this is one of the worse years for Windstars.

Because of being laid off, we can not buy something else, so I guess we are stuck with it. One more thing, now the transmission is giving us trouble shifting and they want 1500 to fix it. By what I read they are notorious for transmission problems. Give me a car made in the 70's or before then, anything after that isn't worth anything and cost to much to fix. Plus, they are hard to work on.

- , Ocala, FL, USA