1999 Ford Windstar drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Windstar:

1999 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Dec 012008

Windstar LX 3.2L V6

Just like the other complaint. It sounds like I'm driving in an airplane it gets so loud that you get a headache. Can't talk on the phone or talk to anyone else in the van.

- , Ravenna, MI, USA

Aug 042006

Windstar LX

My most recent problem with this pile is this deafening sound coming from the front end. It reminds me of flying on a large airplane, in coach, right behind the wings/engines! Driving to/from work actually gives me a headache. Im sure you get the picture. It started as a low pitched hum about a month ago. Now I cant even hear my children talk to me. I unfortunatly have not mustered the nerve to bring it into the dealership, again... for the fourth time. Im afraid I will actually drive it up their a**! Thank you for letting me vent.

- , Sebeka, MN, USA