9.0

1999 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Windstar:

1999 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 202016

Windstar SE 3.8L

The problem may be with the FEM (front engine module). Or it could just be the alternator. One is a $100 fix...alt. the other being close to $900. Ordered a new alt. We'll see if that works first. Oh, and ford don't have the FEM anymore. Well one dealer did in Florida...looking to get mine fixed or replaced if needed..

- , Northlake, IL, USA

Sep 272012

Windstar 3.8L

bought this thing off CL and have had nothing but problems with it ever since! the battery wont stay charged....the ac is awful, the windows quit working, the engine shakes....biggest POS I ever owned in my life!!!! I cannot afford to keep it and probably cant get much out of selling it ----- have to cut my losses and junk this thing.....riding my bike until I can afford another vehicle!!!! dang ---- if I had only read up on this BEFORE I made the purchase.....I think I got screwed to the hilt.....I bed the previous owner is HAPPY to get RID of this POS!!!!!! just as I WILL BE!!!!!!!

darlene